What Is 3D Animation?
Have you ever wondered why we like so much movies like Avengers, X-men, etc and how they look so good on screen? Well, It’s because of 3d.
3D Animation is a category of animation which uses Computer graphics generated images/ frames and compiled together as a clip or still image.
Since Animation technology is actually producing illusion to the eyes of users and these high quality animated frames which are actually computer generated renders that are created with the help of 3d models, which are rigged, skinned and texture is applied over them in order to give them realistic or semi-realistic look.
Keyframes are applied to them and with adding movements like rotation, scaling and some other effects like any deformation or change in shape. As compared to 2d animation, 3d graphics provides more depth, realistic movements and producing high-end realistic renders.
With 3d market booming all over the world, every year millions of dollars are spent to create movies, games, tv series, advertisements, and commercials. The reason for this market turning huge into a billion dollar industry is because of high quality HD renders created by 3d softwares.
It is actually working with 3d atmosphere while working in computers and creating stunning mindblowing graphics using 3d softwares. The 3D market is growing at a very fast pace.
Definition Of 3D Animation.
Creating Animation in 3d involves working in the 3d interface while working with some of the best 3d softwares available in the market like Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Max, ZBrush, etc. In simple words, it can be also understood like some frames are arranged in a sequence on a timeline with a little bit of motion in them.
3d Softwares are the strong base to create those amazing renders. It is most of the times focusing on kids, as kids love cute cartoon characters and that gives them entertainment.
With the combination of pre-production, post-production, and production team, a 3d movie or tv series is created and many movies use a short story to let users enjoy with what is happening in this rapidly growing industry of visual effects.
Softwares For 3D Animator.
There are a lot of high-end softwares in visual effects industry. Some of them are very popular and are accepted by most production houses.
- Autodesk Maya.
- Autodesk 3Ds Max.
- Autodesk Motion Builder.
- Cinema 4D.
Uses Of 3D Animation.
Also referred to as computer generated animation, it can be also used for creating mind-blowing visual effects and animation with stunning graphics. With technology moving ahead, visual effects and graphics are improving with time. More movies are released every year, then their sequels and short stories related to that.
Like Hollywood production houses produce Ice Age movies, they also release short stories related to their most famous character Scrat. Similarly, Pixar releases short stories like Day and Night which is very well appreciated by people from all over the world.
Difference Between 3D And 2D Animation.
if we talk about what are differences among 3d and 2d animation, we can find a lot of things which are not different. Animation schools teach students very well difference between 2d and 3d, and visual effects as well.
An animated video explaining the difference between 3d and 2d Animation that can be understood very well from a video by Bloop Animation which is one of an excellent resource for animators to learn and know about the Animation industry.
Some common differences between 3D and 2D.
- 2d Softwares are using only x and y coordinates while 3d software uses z coordinate as well, which means depth can be clearly observed and seen in the output of a 3d model.
- 2d animation and graphics projects are cheap as compared to 3d projects.
- Hardware requirement for high-end 3d graphics is very much high while in the case of 2d projects it is not that much high.
Salary Of A 3D Animator.
With 3d and visual graphics market becoming more and more competitive, there is always a huge demand for industry professionals. Anyone who has got a good experience is this fastest growing industry can earn good money along with gaining more experience. The average median salary for an animator can be around $65000.
While an animator with a good amount of experience can earn around $100,000. Acc to BLS, multimedia artist can earn around $63,970 a year and art and design workers can earn around $43,950 a year.
Colleges For Animation.
It is important to learn animation from a professional school or college and obtain a good amount of knowledge to enter the market of visual effects and animation.
For an absolute beginner, who have no clue what an animation is, Learning Animation can be a difficult task, but learning animation under a proper guidance can be a difficult and time-consuming task.
An amazing video from Animation program from California College of the Arts, explaining about animation programs and showing various student work samples in a compiled video. You should join animation industry if you;
- Want to be part of breathtaking special effects which blew your mind.
- Want to bring your dreams, fascination, and imaginations to reality.
- If you love cartoons and are dreaming of working on them able to become part of blockbusters.
- If you are passionate, hard working and willing to put time, money and have enough patience to survive in the market.
- Want to bring your creative talent outside and develop it under professional guidance.
- Want to become a creative person and want to put yourself on a learning curve so that you can become a creative leader.
Some Popular Animation Schools Are As Follows:
- Ringling College of Art and design (Florida).
- School of Visual Arts (Newyork).
- California Institute or Arts (California).
- Savannah College of Art and Design (Georgia).
- Yale University (Connecticut).
- Rhode Island School of Design (Rhode Island).
- Full Sail University (Florida).
- Academy of Art University (San Francisco).
- Gnomon School of Visual Effects (California)
- University of California (Los Angeles).
- Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh).
Online Animation Schools.
- Animation Mentor.
We are glad to share you another excellent article over 3D Animation which is just animating through computer technology and an extension to 2d. High-quality realistic renders and thousands of hours of hard work combined produce masterpiece 3d Artwork.
So, Let’s enjoy the 3d work produced by professionals. Thanks for reading this article. Please share this article with your friends and colleagues.