- 1 What Programming Language Should I Learn?
- 1.1 Best Programming Language To Learn And Master In 2020.
- 1.2 Java.
- 1.3 C (Programming Language).
- 1.4 C++ (Programming Language).
- 1.5 C#.
- 1.6 Python.
- 1.7 PHP.
- 1.8 Final Thoughts:
What Programming Language Should I Learn?
One of the most important skills to learn and master in today’s world is Coding. And if you are wondering, What Programming Language Should I Learn, then this article is for you.
Learning web development can be tricky but it can bring a lot of rewards for the future. Everything we see around us today has been part of computer technology. Whether it is video games, websites, mobile apps, computers are everywhere. From small offices to big companies, computers are playing an important role in the growth of a company.
So what are the best languages anyone can learn and regardless of how big and small your programming project is? Well, You need to start somewhere. And well this article is a perfect explanation about going through these programming languages.
Best Programming Language To Learn And Master In 2020.
Regarded as one of the most powerful and popular programming languages. Java is widely used to make applications for different platforms as it is a platform-independent language.
Java is no doubt is used for coding in big companies for many years, so if you want a coder job at a big company. Java is the language you should learn.
Some Facts About Java.
- The original name for Java was Oak. Allegedly because of a big oak tree that grew outside the developer’s window. It was eventually changed to Java by Sun’s marketing department.
- It is the go-to language for millions of software developers.
- Java is considered as the second most popular language after C language.
- Java was developed by James Gosling, at Sun Labs, around 1992.
- Android is based on Java.
Uses of Java.
Java is mostly used to write a server-side application, mostly without any front end, which receives data from one server (upstream), processes it, and sends it another process (downstream). Apart from that, Java is used in a lot of applications like:
Considered as the official language for programming, Java is widely used in the development of android applications. It can run on Java Virtual Machine (JRM). Java provides more security as compared to other languages like PHP and ease of simplicity with Android.
Popular Desktop Applications.
Considered as the king of programming languages, Java is used to develop popular desktop applications such as Acrobat Reader, Media Player, Antiviruses, etc.
Also, Java is used to create some of the popular applications. Some of them are as follows:
- Netbeans IDE.
- Any Android application present in mobile phones and other digital devices in today’s world is written in Java language.
Java is considered as a very strong weapon while talking about mathematical operations and scientific calculations. Some of the most powerful applications like MATLAB use Java for interacting user interface as well as a part of their core system.
Java is having support from the most powerful 3D-Engine, jMonkeyEngine which is open-source and has unparalleled capability when it comes to the development of 3D games. And some of the popular video games designed on the Java platform are as follows.
- Minecraft (2009).
- RuneScape (2001).
- Bejeweled (2001).
- RoboForge (2001).
- Flappy Bird (2013).
- Puzzle Pirates (2003).
- Pac-Man (1980).
C (Programming Language).
C language is also called as Procedural Computer Programming language supporting structured programming. C language was originally developed at Bell Labs by Dennis Ritchie between 1972 and 1973.
C language is used to become a system-level programmer. C uses statements to specify actions. In C, all executable code is contained within functions. C language uses semicolon for termination a sentence while curly braces for creating blocks of statements.
Some Facts Of C Language.
- C language is supported by if (-else) conditional execution which follows a simple policy that if a statement is true do this or not. Also, do-while, while, and for are being used in iterative execution (looping).
- C Language is considered for having faster execution of programs than most programming languages.
- The most important benefit of learning C programming language is that it is recognized worldwide and this language is used in a multitude of applications, including advanced scientific systems and operating systems.
- There is one more benefit of learning the C language. It is the basic language of all advanced computer languages. And if you want to learn another language, for example, C++ which is called object-oriented language. If you already know C programming, you can easily learn another specified language without much effort.
Uses Of C Language.
C language is used to create:
- Firmware for various electronics, industrial and communications products which use micro-controllers.
- Implementing different Operating System Operations.
- Used in writing Embedded software.
- Used for creating computer applications.
- Embedded systems programming.
C++ (Programming Language).
In 1982, Bjarne Stroustrup, a Danish computer scientist started to develop a successor to C with Classes, which he named “C++”. C++ is an extension of the C programming. The modern C++ now has object-oriented, generic, and functional features in addition to it. C++ is another language used by coders.
C++ programming language was designed with a bias toward system programming and embedded, resource-constrained software and large systems. It is also called as Object-Oriented programming. C++ follows concepts of OOPS.
Some Facts Of C++ Language.
- Has a rich function library.
- Big companies like Google and Facebook use C++.
- C++ is one of the fastest programming languages. It is used in Video game development.
- Offers a great degree of portability.
- VLC player is developed in C and C++.
- Support exception handling and function overloading.
- C and C++ are used in Embedded systems.
- Famous Adobe Softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere are all written in C++.
Uses of C++.
C++ language is very flexible, efficient, and extremely fast. In some cases, the C++ language simply cannot be replaced. C++ can be used for a variety of applications like:
- Game Development: PlayStation and Xbox consoles are based on the C++ programming language. It is often regarded as the best choice for 3D and multiplayer games. Some popular games like Counter-Strike, StarCraft: Brood War, Diablo I, World of Warcraft are all written in C++ language. The popular Unity game engine also used the C++ language. Also, video game graphics can be handled by C++ language software development.
- Desktop & Cross-Platform App Development: Desktop applications can also be made using the C++ language. With a single codebase, you can target Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and embedded systems.
Also read on: Important tips on Becoming Graphic Designer
C++ (also called as C hash) is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language developed by Microsoft. This language runs on the .net platform. C# programming is very much based on C and C++ programming languages. Basic understanding of C or C++ programming can help learn C# very quickly.
C# is used to develop websites on .net platforms. Even if you are not working on .net, you can still use C# to develop fully functional websites that are easy to scale and are incredibly sufficient.
Facts about C#.
- The syntax of C# language is similar to the C-style family-like Java, C, C++.
- C# can access code written in any .NET compliant language and can also inherit the classes written in these languages. This is not at all possible in Java.
- C# language is used to develop web pages, android applications, video games, etc.
- C# runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Unlike many other programming languages, C# is still young and evolving. May new features are added in this language after involvement by the community.
- C# language has native garbage-collection.
- C# is a lovable language.
Uses of C#.
- This language can be used to develop desktop applications, web applications, mobile applications, and video games.
- Some popular applications developed in C# is FlashDevelop, Windows Installer XML, Microsoft Visual Studio, OpenRA, Paint.NET, Pinta, Open Dental, Banshee, NMath.
C++ is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. Python supports multiple programming paradigms, including structured (particularly, procedural), object-oriented, and functional programming.
Python is also often described as a “batteries included” language. It is an open-source language, which means it is free to use and can be used for commercial applications. This language does not use curly brackets to delimit blocks, and semicolons after statements are optional.
Facts About Python.
- Web developers are in love with Python language because of the increased productivity.
- Python is one of the official languages at Google.
- Python is commonly used in artificial intelligence and machine learning projects.
- Python is used by Large organizations including Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo!, CERN, NASA, Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, NASA, Nokia, IBM, Walt Disney Feature Animation., Netflix, Expedia, Reddit, Quora, etc.
- Python can be used as a scripting language for web applications.
- People prefer Python over French in primary schools.
Uses Of Python.
- Python is used for developing desktop GUI applications, websites, and web applications.
- Python is used in scientific and numeric computing.
- Python is used as a support language for web programmers.
- Python is also used on ERP projects.
- Python is an interpreted language, which means you can easily test your solution without compiling the code or flashing the device.
- Since Python is efficient and precise, This language is a perfect fit for machine learning.
PHP is a server-side scripting language that is embedded in HTML originally created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994. PHP is another one of the most popular programming languages which is used to develop static as well as dynamic websites.
PHP is a lightweight programming language and is widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language. It is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Facts About PHP.
- The original name of PHP is “Personal Home Page”.
- Basically, PHP designed to replace a set of Perl scripts to maintain his Personal Home Pages.
- The Core of PHP Was Rewritten and Powered by Zend Engine.
- PHP is Server-Side Scripting Language.
- There are more Than 244 Million Websites on the internet that uses PHP language.
- PHP was originally designed to create dynamic and more interactive web pages.
- PHP is free software released under the PHP License but is not distributed under the General Public Licenses.
- It can be used in all major operating systems including Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and RISC OS.
- PHP is used by some very popular websites like Digg and Facebook.
Uses Of PHP.
- PHP is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking.
- PHP can be used for connecting web application with dataBase.
- PHP has been used for creating most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) of the world WordPress and its plugins.
- PHP can be used to run command-line scripting.
- PHP can handle forms, which means it can gather data from files and save that data to a file.
- PHP has an important role in creating eCommerce platforms. such as OpenCart, Magento, PrestaShop, AgoraCart and Ubercart. All of these are created on PHP.
In the upcoming years, these programming languages are not going anywhere. Especially when the number of digitally connected devices are growing. We hope you love this article and it would contribute towards gaining and enhancing your knowledge on What Programming Language Should I Learn in 2020 in this lockdown period.
Are you excited to see what’s coming next? Stay tuned for our next article.